Please see our refund policy for full details.
Please note as of June 1st the refund policy is in full effect, however, each of the dates have been pushed back a month.
Requests prior to March 31st – full refund*
(now April 30th)
Requests April 1 – May 1 – 75% refund* (now May 1 - June 1)
Requests May 1 – June 1 – 50% refund* (now June 1 - July 1)
Requests after June 1 – no refund * (now July 1)
$40 Administration fee applies
Please read the updates below for detailed information.
Step 1 of the Ontario "Roadmap to Reopen" comes into effect June 11, 2021. Outdoor Sports Leagues cannot open until Step 2. At this time Step 2 should come into effect on July 1st. (21 days following Step 1)
We are presently waiting to hear from the Province and our local Health Unit if there will be limits to the number of participants per field etc.
At this time we are still hopeful that our season will be able to start on July 12th.
Please watch our website for updates and thanks for you patience as we continue to navigate these challenging times.
The May 20 announcement by the Provincial Government is promising with respect to the return to organized outdoor soccer and team competition. A 3 Step process has been detailed, contingent upon vaccination rates and improvements in key public and health care indicators. A summary of this process, dubbed the “Roadmap to Reopen” is summarized below specific to the interests of the Collingwood United Soccer Club.
Roadmap to Reopen
Outdoor team sports – training only, 10 people maximum, 3 metres distance
Outdoor sports leagues open
Indoor open, with some restrictions
The current, estimated start date for Step 1 is June 14, 2021.
The province will remain at each step for at least 21 days, following which they will evaluate vaccination rates and look for positive trends. In this regard, the earliest that we could move to Step 2 is July 5. Practically, CUSC and the Town would need about 1 week to ensure the fields are ready for play and all measures and procedures are properly in place, so House League soccer could potentially start July 12.
If, however, the noted thresholds are not met, graduation to Step 2 will be delayed, and hence return to soccer will be delayed. Similarly, we may move into Step 1 earlier than June 4 and thus the return to soccer could be accelerated.
Typically, our youth soccer season is 10 to 12 weeks in duration, depending upon the age group. Should we commence the season the week of July 12, we plan to offer a full season, extending it to the end of September as needed. Should the start be delayed, the season duration will be shorted accordingly to ensure completion no later than September 30.
For Monday night adult soccer, the season can be extended until mid October. For Wednesday night adult soccer, the season is likely to be shortened to end by September 1, recognizing that many players are expected to return to college or university come September.
Start and end dates cannot be confirmed until we have direction from the province and Ontario Soccer.
Return to Play Guidelines
CUSC has developed a Return to Play guideline, detailing measures, and protocols to be implemented to keep our soccer community safe. This is premised on Ontario Soccer guidelines. Given the recent announcement, Ontario Soccer is working with Canada Soccer, the Provincial government and the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries to revise/update their requirements accordingly and provide the necessary guidance to its member clubs. Our Return to Play will be updated once more current information is received.
In the meantime, CUSC is meeting with the Town and the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit to confirm any additional requirements. Measures being considered included staggered start times, designation parking areas, controlled access points, attendant screening, and the requirement to wear masks (except for those actively playing soccer). More details will be provided in our Return to Play which will be circulated when updated.
We will endeavour to provide additional updates as more information is released and provide 2-weeks notice prior to starting the season or delaying it.
We are excited to share that we are amongst nearly 300 sport and recreation organizations across Canada to receive a grant from the Canadian Tire Jumpstart Sport Relief Fund.
The fund helps community sports organizations like ours continue to provide access to sport and play for Canadian kids. This grant will go a long way towards helping us recover from the impacts of Covid-19. Thank you Canadian Tire Jumpstart.
At this time, please continue to use email for all communication.
E-Mail - email@example.com